Wednesday 29 February 2012

Special Birthday Present Revealed

So here it is - it is a Cushion!!  With a paper chain of girls and boys.  I had loads of fun choosing fabric, then appliqué, free hand machine embroidery and hand embroidery of french knots and running stitch.  The cushion itself is Japanese linen that I bought on eBay - not cheap stuff, but it is beautiful and 'solid' to work with.



The squiggles and dots have french knots inside them, in yellow and green.  In hindsight, I should have used a brighter embroidery thread, as neither yellow or green stand out as much as I would have liked.  The little spotty purple hearts have a green running stitch around them.


The backside of the cushion, complete with my TLF label and spikey flower accent.


I think that this flower might just be my favourite part of the cushion.

All in all, I am really pleased with this little cushion...I hope my friend is too.


I have been wondering if anyone might be interested in the DIY instructions and pattern templates for this cushion design...I might just do a downloadable instructional for it - and include my tips on free hand machine embroidery....let me know!

Happy 40th Birthday to M, my friend today and a very Happy Leap Year Day to you too.

Enjoy!

No comments: