Sunday 13 May 2012

Sunshine & a Paeony Bud

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeee....hoppity...hoppity....hoppity hop!


Our paeony bud is opening!  Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

Last year, the bud stayed a bud, this year, it looks like we are going to be Lucky!

I am so excited {figured you hadn't noticed}.  Want to see it again?


It is going to be a really lovely deep pink.  I just can't wait to see all its beautiful and unfolded and frothy and frilly petals!

...and on other gardening news, after all this lousy rainy weather we have had, it was nice to venture into the chilly sunshine and schmooze around our garden...

Some spinach seeds planted a few weeks ago are growing nicely.  I will soon need to find them a bigger home.

This is the spinach that I planted ages ago.  It now has some beautiful baby leaves.  I am holding out for lovely beeeg spinachy leaves.  You can also see my rosemary, parsley and mint here.  The mint is starting to go nuts - yay for Pimms and lemonade and crushed mint!


The sunflower seeds that I planted are flourishing in this pot.  I think that we may need to find little stakes for them soon.  I also need to figure out what is finding the sunflower leaves so tasty...and find something else for them to snack on...  Those pretty purple flowers are Honesty.  It was a mixed pack of seeds that I planted last summer.  They never flowered last year.  So nice to have them pretty-ing up the box this year.

Well, it is a gorgeous day here again today.  I best go get dressed, as there is sunshine to enjoy and time is a-ticking!

Have a great Sunday...



1 comment:

Harley R said...

Hi great readiing your post