Monday 18 June 2012

Let the Shop Swap Begin! {July 2012}

Oky doky then.  I have had a few positive messages about my Shop Swap suggestion last week...so let's give it a go then!

There are so many shops out there that we wouldn't ordinarily buy from, for whatever reason.  I thought that swapping products with other shops might be a fun idea not only to see what is out there...but also as a little bit of self-promotion.  I am sure that I am not the only one who could do with a little help in that department?

So, if you own a shop, please sign up.  The idea is that you will choose some items from your shop to post to your partner.  It does not matter what your shop sells and you can be anywhere in the world.

Please, please, pretty please send something that you would enjoy receiving and don't use this as a way to get rid of old stock.

I think that it would be a good idea to have a guide (sales) value on your sent items.  I am thinking a guide of £15 (or 24 USD / 23 AUD / 200 ZAR) would be about right.  If you have any thoughts on that, please do let me know.  If you want to send more than this, please go ahead...this is not a strict guide - it's more of a polite suggestion.

Sign-ups close on 18 July 2012.  I am leaving sign-ups open for a month, as I want to have time to share some of the great shops who decide to join in the fun and excitement.

I will post the partner list on my blog on 20 July 2012.  So please diarise that and check back (or you could follow me ;) to keep updated more easily).  Please feel free to contact your partner and see if they have any preferences.  This is a friendly swap and if we can make a new friend or two along the way, wouldn't that just be a great result!?

Parcels should be posted by 27 July 2012 (a weeks preparation, as we all have busy lives to deal with!)

Sometime around the 27th I will post a blog link party message where you can share what you received in your surprise package.



Why not post this button on your blog or web page to show that you are playing along.  I would really appreciate the message being passed along - the more the merrier!

Two Little Flowers



Alrighty then...are you ready to sign-up??  If you are game, then please would you leave me some information in a comment:

* name/shop name:
* e-mail address:
* shop URL:
* country:
* what do you sell?
* general interests?
* crafts you don't 'do'?
* anything else you want to share?


**************************************************************
Edited to say:
Louise and I are the only Swappers - so we are automatically partnered.



1 comment:

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Hi. I'm Louise from Elsie May and Bertha.
elsiemayandbertha@btinternet.com
www.elsiemayandbertha.co.UK
UK
I make items with fabric, wool, vintage bits and pieces, buttons etc. These can be cushions, clothes, lavender and rose scented hearts, pillows and sachets, pictures, decorations etc
My general interests apart from making are reading, cooking, watching tv. I have chronic fatigue so I can't be as energetic as I used to.
I don't do crochet, I'd love to learn but can't fit it in with the other making. I feel I'm missing out on granny squares!